follow It has been a month since I first visited Pune and I must say it was a good experience. Pune has always been as busy as a metropolitan city is with people going for their jobs 9-5. But when you visit it for a holiday trip, it has a lot to offer. Well officially sightseeing in Pune is known as Pune Darshan and there is a Govt bus which takes you to various places. I would be sharing the top 5 places I found worth paying a visit to in Pune-
- The first one would be Shreemant Dagdusheth Halwai Sarvajanik Ganpati temple. Well its a very famous Ganpati Temple and it is said that they have been given the first right for visarjan of Ganpati Bappa during Ganesh Chaturti. Being the biggest and most royal temple they have earned this title. Well there is a big and beautiful Murti of Ganesh Ji in the centre of temple and you could have a sight of it from the road itself.
- The second place would be the most historic place of Pune, the Shanivar Wada. Yes, this place has gained more popularity after the film “Bajirao Mastani”. Unlike shown in the movie this fort was build in 1732, long ago Mastani Bai came to stay here. The Shaniwar Wada was originally the seven-storied capital building of the Peshwas of the Maratha Empire.
- The third one would be Rajiv Gandhi Zoological park. It is basically a zoo which is divided into two sections. The right section is for animals and the left section is for the birds. The zoo has collections of reptiles, mammals, and birds. Among mammals, the zoo has a white tiger and a male bengal tiger. Other mammals at the zoo include leopard, sloth bears, sambhars, barking deer, blackbucks, monkeys, and elephants.
- The fourth place would be Aga Khan Palace. It was bult in 1892 by Sultan Muhammed Shah Aga Khan III in Pune. It was built to help the poor in the neighboring areas of pune. Aga Khan Palace became famous when it was used as a jail to imprison Mahatma Gandhi, his wife Kasturba Gandhi, his secretary Mahadev Desai and Sarojini Naidu. It is also the place where Kasturba Gandhi and Mahadev
- The last one would be Mahatma Phule Museum. Founded in 1890 this museum contains statues, pictures, models, science models. The displays are related to industry and engineering, geology and minerals, handicrafts and cottage industries, agriculture, forestry, natural history and armoury. The armoury has weapons of the Mughal and Maratha period.
buy gabapentin 100mg uk Apart from these places other reasons to enjoy your travel to Pune includes the wonderful weather it has to offer. From the first week of June you can enjoy the rains here and also around the year temperatures here are not too high or too low. Mostly, the weather remains pleasant throughout the year. Try planning your visit to Pune in monsoon months. During these months the whole pune is like a lush greenland. If you travel to nearby places like Mahablashwar, Lonavala, Lavasa, Mattheran then you would also be able to see few waterfalls which is a picturesque sight to relish.
Don’t forget to leave your comments and share your views with us.