If you are looking for a peaceful atmosphere, a place with clean fresh air or a scenery which offers rejuvenation, then kerala is the place for you. Kerala offers one with the glimpse of india’s natural beauty wih its awe-inspiring beaches, majestic hill tops and picturesque landscape . It is very difficult to shortlist the tourist places in Kerala to narrow it down.
- Munnar- Munnar is famous for its Hill stations, Landscape, Tea Estates and its flora and fauna. If one visits Munnar, one must visit its Eravikulam National Park,Tea estates and Anamudi (highest peak in south india). About 15 km from Munnar lies the famous Echo Point. Popular for its natural echo phenomenon, one can always see the area full of eager visitors throughout the year. At an altitude of about 600 ft, people love taking a walk in the lush greenery surrounding the place. It is an ideal picnic spot. This is also a prime viewing spot for the Neelakurinji (Strobilantheskunthianus), flowers which bloom once every twelve years.
- Kovalam- Famous for its beaches nature and rivers, Kovalam is one of the most visited place in south India. The Lighthouse beach is one of the largest beach among the three beaches in kovalam- Lighthouse, Hawah, Samudra beach. The leisure options at this beach are plenty and diverse. Sunbathing, swimming, herbal body toning massages, special cultural programmes and catamaran cruising are to name a few. Life on the beach begins late in the day and carries on well into the night. The beach offers many budget cottages, Ayurvedic health resorts, convention facilities, shopping zones, swimming pools, Yoga and Ayurvedic massage centers to keep you busy. Also, carry a lot of sunscreen as you are sure to get a good sun-tan there.
- Thekkady- Thekkady is known for Backwaters, wildlife and elephant rides. So if you are an animal lover, Thekkady is the place for you. A must visit in Thekkady is its Periyar National park. The sanctuary is famous for its dense evergreen, semi-evergreen, moist deciduous forests and savanna grass lands. It is home to herds of elephants, sambar, tigers, gaur, lion-tailed macaques and Nilgiri langurs.
- Unlike other national parks, Thekkady give you an opportunity to view the wildlife even on a cruise. Thekkady is located about 257 km from Trivandrum. Kumarakom- Kumarakom is famous for its Backwaters, Flora and Houseboats. Not only this but the 14- acre bird sanctuary is a paradise for the migratory birds. Kumarakom is also the house to the longest laek of India, The Vembanad Lake.
- Varkala- A place for enthusiasts, Varkala ooffers beaches, cliffs and landscapes. It is the right place for ast fro the eyes travellers as it is a feast for eyes. People can go for a swim and physical exercise. Vakala’s beaches are silent and let you enjoy your personal time.
You can visit the website of Kerala Tourism for a detailed information.
Do let us know about your experiences by leaving a comment below.